Friday, May 9, 2008

Tiju/Malcom

Greetings from Michigan. Zoe and I made the trek here last Saturday, May 3. (The plane ride you ask? Well let's just say, I'm considering starting a Care2 petition to require that all airplane bathrooms have a changing table). On Sunday we drove across the state to Reed City to visit my friends Teresita and Tammy - and meet their 2 month old son, Hunter. It was wonderful to see them! On Tuesday, Zoe and I drove back across the state. While driving, I took about 30 minutes of video to log what it's like to drive across the state of Michigan. I hope that someday I'll be able to edit that footage into something I can post on You Tube. My current video editing software sucks.

The rest of the week we hung out with my folks, my brother and his family and some very close and long standing family friends. We even made a trip to the Zoo and saw Polar Bears. And it's amazing that she has learned signs that we've never practiced with her. At the zoo today, we saw a seal and she did the sign for seal with out prompting. I'll add a photo slide show with more from this week to this post once I have them up loaded.

So, what in the heck is Tiju/Malcom? It's the way Zoe says Thank you and Your Welcome. She has had an absolute verbal explosion in the past 2-3 weeks. She knows the entire alphabet. It's amazing! Even on this trip the new words just keep coming, music is the newest word. She is starting to put sentences together, "Water, please Mommy" (yes she does say please, thank you and your welcome). She has started to sing as well, and will sing along when we sing to her. I have some of this on video... I do hope I find some easy video editing software soon. So watch for updates to this post.

No comments: